Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl

First off, I really didn't care about how this game played out. I was at the home of Colt's fans so I cheered along with them. Anyways, I'm sure you can assume I'm not about to discuss the plays made but rather that awful blonde mullet-like thing on one of the Saint's players. Ewww... gross. I think they should have called a penalty on him, I mean you could have has Ms. Jay from ANTM throw a pink flag for a major fashion violation. LIke seriously, this was just one of the biggest nights of your life and the footage will forever show that hair!
Another thing, the commercials were way lame this year. Budweiser...what happened? So much air time but so little effective advertising. Seriously, GoDaddy, shut up! Your commercials are dumb and no I will not go to the website to see what happens next. A friend made the brilliant remark as these women were speaking computer lingo, "Do they even know what they are talking about?" - Probably not. If I ever decide to create my own website I don't want to go to the girl in high school who put out for someone else to do her homework... I want the nerds who did it!
I would like to recognize one commercial that can only be described as a diamond in the rough, the Dove for Men ad. Here is a link if interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuexzKkMIDc&feature=pyv
I found the lyrics clever, the imagery moved quick but still conveyed the message of going through life, and then ended with the well phrased lines "You've reached the stage where you feel at ease, You've come this far and it wasn't a breeze.
You could take on anything of course you can because....You're a man.
Now that you're comfortable with who you are, Isn't it time for comfortable skin?
At last there's Dove for Men."

No comments:

Post a Comment